This involves keeping upto date with orthopaedic scientific knowledge/research reviewing submitted papers on hip and knee replacement surgery and reconstruction, Hip Arthroscopy and sports medicine before being accepted for publication in the above journals. Dr. Nizam reviews several articles every month.
- Dr. Nizam is an international teacher and trainer for anterior hip replacement for surgeons around the world
- Dr. Ikram Nizam is a faculty member of the Surgical Sciences Examination department – Anatomy committee of the Royal Australian College of Surgeons
- He is also a Senior Lecturer at the University of New England, NSW
- He was also an Associate Lecturer and Examiner at UNSW, Sydney, Faculty of Medicine
- Presentation – Patient outcomes in 1250+ 3D printed PSI – Invited Faculty – Phoenix Arizona, USA October 2023
- Prestigious Award – contribution to clinical success of medial pivot knee technology – Phoenix Arizona, USA Oct 2023
- Presented papers at MENA Meeting Dubai Sept 2023 .
- Surgical Visitation – Toulouse, France – Dr. Xavier Cassard Aug/Sept 2023
- Surgical Visitations – Ghent, Belgium – Dr Vansintjan Sept 2023.
- Presented papers at AOANZ annual meeting October 2022 Christchurch, New Zealand.
- Presented at MENA meeting Dubai Sept 2022.
- Presented papers at SICOT meeting KL, Malaysia 2022 Sept.
- International Society of Technology and Arthroplasty Meeting Toronto Canada Oct 2019 – Presenter
- Mount Sinai Hospital Toronto Canada, Oct 2019. Knee Revision Visitation
- London Knee Meeting, October 2018, London UK.
- International Society of Arthroplasty and Technology (ISTA) meeting – Speaker/Presenter: October 2018, London UK.
- Global Insight Meeting – Hip & Knee surgery Innovations – June 2018, London UK
- Microport Hip and Knee Conference- June 2018, London UK.
- London Hip Meeting,London UK – April 2018
- London Knee Meeting, London UK Oct 2017
- Surgical Collaboration Visitation – Bikini Anterior Hip Replacement – Hartford CT, USA – Aug 2017
- Surgical Visitation Program – Washington D.C , USA – Hip Arthroscopy – Aug 2017
- Surgical Visitation Program – Atlantic City – New Jersey , USA – Anterior Hip / Knee Arthroplasty – Aug 2017
- Bikini Hip Replacement Technique Discussions – Hospital for Special Surgery – New York, USA , Aug 2017
- American Academy Of Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting, San Diego CA USA, Mar 2017.
- London Knee Meeting – London, UK. Oct 2016
- Direct Anterior Hip replacement Teacher and Educator – Singapore. Oct 2016 (S & N)
- SICOT Meeting – Faculty and Moderator – ROME, ITALY. Sept 2016
- Hip and Knee Meeting – Forgotten joint replacement – Vienna, Austria, May 2016 (Microport Orthopaedics)
- Surgical Educator- Master Class – Anterior Hip Replacement Techniques – Singapore, May 2016 (Smith and Nephew)
- London Hip Meeting, London UK, April 2016.
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Orlando, Florida, USA, March 2016
- Visiting Surgeon- USA Surgeon observing- Bikini Hip Replacement techniques by Dr. Nizam, Melb. Feb 2016.
- International Congress of Joint Reconstruction, Sydney, Australia, Feb 2016.
- Teacher for Direct Anterior Hip Course (IRAMEA) – November 2015: Istanbul, Turkey (Smith & Nephew)
- London Knee Meeting – October 2015: London, UK
- IRAMEA meeting discussions – October 2015 : Dubai , UAE
- Visiting Surgeon Program – Hip Arthroscopy – October 2015 : Reading, UK (Mr. Tony Andrade)
- Visiting Surgeon Program – Anterior Hip Replacements -October 2015: Dr. John Keggi – Connecticut, USA
- International Congress Joint Reconstruction – Paris, France– Presenter (Po), April 2015
- London Hip Meeting. London, UK. Presenter (Po) , April 2015
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Meeting, Las Vegas USA, March 2015
- Early Interventions in Hip Surgery – Royal Society of Medicine. London, UK. October 2014
- London Knee Meeting- Innovations in Sports Injuries & Arthroplasty- London, UK – October 2014
- International Society of Technology in Arthroplasty, Kyoto, Japan – Presenter – Sept 2014
- Advances in Anterior Hip Replacement – DJO , Las Vegas, USA. Sept 2014
- Great Expectations Hip and Knee Meeting, Malaysia (Stryker) May 2014
- Revision Hip and Knee Arthroplasty Symposium, Sydney (Biomet), May 2014
- London Hip Meeting, London UK, April 2014
- Australian Orthopaedic Association – Victorian Branch meeting Mar 2014
- Oxford Masters Course – Partial Knee Replacements, Sydney – Feb 2014
- Superpath Hip Course – Wright Medical, Sydney Feb 2014
- Hip Arthroscopy International Meeting, Melbourne. Jan 2014
- Royal Society Of Medicine (Orthopaedic Section) Dec 2013, London, UK
- The London Hip Meeting, London, UK, April 2013
- Direct Anterior Approach revisited – with and without traction (S&N)–Sydney, March 2013
- Expert Training: Revision Hip System –Redapt; Smith & Nephew (S&N), Jan 2013, London ,UK
- Faculty Instructor: Triathlon Total Knee Replacement Workshop, Dec 1012, Univ College London, UK
- Visiting Surgeon – ShultessKlinik,. Dr. M. Luenig. – Anterior Hip Surgery. Dec 2012, Zurich, Switzerland
- Faculty Instructor : External Fixateur Course, Nov 2012. Univ College London ,UK
- Trifit Total Hip Replacement Workshop, Nov 2012, Univ College London, London, UK
- Advanced Hip Academy, Exeter –October 2012, Exeter,UK
- JBJS Reviewers Course – October2012, London UK
- The London Knee Meeting – October 9th2012, London, UK
- The Great Debate London – Optimizing outcomes in Hip and Knee surgery July 2012, London, UK
- Direct Anterior Approach Course Innsbruk ,Austria, June 2012
- Richard Villa Hip Arthroscopy Course – Yorkshire UK, June 2012
- DAA (Direct Anterior Hip) Course. Sydney Australia. 30-31 Mar ’12
- International Hip Arthroscopy Meeting. Melb,Australia. Jan 2012
- MORE symposium – AMIS cadaver course MelbAustralia. Jan 2012
- AMIS course Brisbane, Australia, Nov 2011 – Medacta
- OxfordUniCompartment knee replacement – Instructional course, Sydney, Nov 2011
- Surgical Teachers course, College of Surgeons, Sydney,October 2011
- Cadaver hip and knee and instructional course in trauma and application of lower limb frames, Sydney Sept 2011
- Current Concepts in Orthopaedic Trauma. New Zealand July 2010
- Sure Shot Nailing system – Advances in Tibial nailing techniques, Sydney May 2010
- Exeter meeting Aus – Graham Gie; The Exeter Hip. June 2010 Sydney
- AOA AGSM October 2008. Hobart – Two (2) presentations
- EORS– Four (4) Podium presentations, Madrid, Spain, May 2008
- AOA AGSM 2007. Gold Coast – Three (3) oral presentations
- Advanced AO course – Advances in Operative Fracture Management, March 2007 (Melb)
- CLEAR and STATS course at RACS in March 2007 Sydney
- Orthopacific Conference, Sydney, July 2006
- Advanced Peri-Loc plating system workshop, Sydney, July, 2006
- COE meeting Knee and Shoulder, Sydney, April, 2006
- Australia and NZ Orthopaedic Research Society Meeting, Canberra, October 2006
- Combined Scientific Meeting, AOA, Canberra, October 2006
- Radiation Licensing Course – UNSW, Sydney Nov 2006
- Animal Ethics Course – UNSW, Sydney, April 2006
- Hand Workshop, SORL, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney. March 2006
- Shoulder Arthroscopy Workshop, SORL, Prince of Wales Hospital, Sydney. July 2006
- Computer Guided Fracture Management and Deformity Correction, Melbourne, Sept 2005
- Basic AO Course, Principles of Internal Fixation – Brisbane , March, 2002
- Advanced Trauma and Life Support, Oct ’98
- Basic Surgical Skills Course, Oct ’97. ID No: ENG01285
- Cardiac Life Support, Kent , Oct ’97
- Ionization Radiation Certification, Kent, UK, Aug ’98
Office Contact Details
1356 High Street Malvern (MAIN ROOMS) Melbourne, VIC 3144
Why Choose Us?
- Less Pain, Faster Recovery
- Over 8000 Procedures Performed
- Over 5000 Hip and Knee Procedures
- Excellent Outcomes
- Advanced Innovative Approaches
Overseas / Interstate patients
Commitment to excellence in patient care.
Delivering Latest Orthopaedic Techniques & Technology to achieve excellent outcomes.